Report Card 2011
The Reef Water Quality Protection Plan (Reef Plan) Report Card 2011 measures progress from the 2009 baseline towards Reef Plan 2009 goals and targets (PDF, 2.39 MB). It assesses the combined results of all Reef Plan actions up to June 2011.
Report Card 2011 was produced as part of the Paddock to Reef program.
Information about how the key indicators were measured can be found in the Methods.
- Progress towards the Reef Plan targets continues to be encouraging, particularly the on-ground management practice changes which are starting to reduce pollutant loads entering the reef. However, it will take more time for these achievements to translate into improved marine condition, particularly given the impacts of extreme weather events in recent years.
- The on-ground progress has been driven primarily by the Australian Government's Reef Rescue program along with Queensland Government and industry-led initiatives.
- Regional results
- Indicator results
- Tracking progress towards targets
- About the Great Barrier Reef ecosystem
- Disturbances affecting the reef
- Factors affecting agricultural industries
- Australian Government Caring for our Country
- Queensland Government
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
- The University of Queensland
- Australian Institute of Marine Science
- Cape York Natural Resource Management Ltd
- Cape York Sustainable Futures
- Terrain Natural Resource Management
- NQ Dry Tropics
- Reef Catchments
- Fitzroy Basin Association
- Burnett Mary Regional Group