Report card 2015
Report Card 2015 assesses the reported results of Reef Water Quality Protection Plan actions up to June 2015.
Results show the need to accelerate the rate of change and drive innovation to meet the ambitious targets. However, not all activities undertaken during the reporting period are included so the results are considered a conservative estimate of progress.
- Half way to pesticide and sediment 2018 modelled pollutant load reduction targets.
- More efficient fertiliser use needed.
- Inshore marine condition remained in poor condition but coral improved from D → C.
What are we doing?
- In 2014–15, 402 graziers and 836 sugarcane growers engaged in industry Best Management Practice programs.
- $100s millions towards big targeted projects.
- Everyone not just farmers will need to make changes.
Watch this animated video which highlights the key results.
Explore the results visually on an interactive map.
Read the detailed Results .
For more information, read the Frequently asked questions .
There are also a range of fact sheets with supporting information:
- Last reviewed
- 10 November 2020
- Last updated
- 20 October 2016